Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Menopause and Irony

Prior to the diagnosis of having several fibroids, the symptoms I'd been experiencing made me believe I may be going through an early menopause.

I actually believed this to the point that I began researching the likelihood, and what the symptoms would be like - I'd been experiencing very irregular & heavier periods, as well as a lot of stress, abdominal pain, vaginal pain/discomfort with intimacy, troubled sleep, bloating, feverish hot flashes both in bed and at work, and mood swings.

Well, I'm 32 years old as I write this and will likely get a hysterectomy done prior to 40, and if they take my ovaries (won't know until the surgery) then I will be catapulted into an early menopause, which may include symptoms such as:

Limited libido/vaginal dryness, mood swings, hot flashes, brain fog, and the others I'd been experiencing, listed in the second paragraph above. 

😭🌡🛌😠🎂🍟😕

The irony of this is that I thought, before my diagnosis, that I might've been in for an unnaturally early menopause - but the fibroids will likely require a hysterectomy which has the potential to put me into menopause anyway!

🤣


No comments:

Post a Comment