Thursday, August 13, 2020

Video of a Robotic Hysterectomy

 Hi all, 

Before I get into it, I'd like to point out that this is not my video.  It was published by UnityPoint Health in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.  

Anyway, this is a very cool video, featuring a robotic hysterectomy with vaginal assist, which is minimally invasive (though still considered major surgery).  These days, it's more & more rare that your surgeon would need to make a large abdominal incision, unless you have an extreme health issue (such as your uterine lining ending up on all your surrounding tissues).  I'm really hoping that when I get mine done, that it will be simple like this.  The video duration is about an hour:


The main surgeons, Drs. Rozeboom and McCarron, are very chill and great at describing each step you see on the screen. 


Though I'm sharing this for your benefit, to help ease your mind if you have a surgery upcoming (that is why I look up this kind of stuff, to calm my nerves), I'd like to warn you that it is a bit graphic and if you feel queasy about blood & guts, it's best not to watch. (it's okay, I cannot watch "Dr. Pimple Popper" for that reason, hahaha). 

No comments:

Post a Comment