Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Super Absorbency Pads and Tampons


 That embarrassing - but necessary - trip to Costco. 

If you have a menstrual bleeding disorder, then you know what it's like to need these giant value packs.

In fact, my husband & I have made it a hobby of sorts to track sales in flyers and "clean house" when they're on sale (currently, our laundry room is loaded with them). 


When I was in my teens, my mother taught me how to track periods on the calendar by tracking & marking the days. This works for a typical 28-day cycle... but these past couple of years, my cycles have become anything but typical.  I still mark the "due date" on the calendar and then begin wearing pads about a week out, since on numerous occasions Aunt Flo has crashed the party by showing up early. 


I'll admit, I envy women with normal cycles (and normal flow!) - you ladies sure save a lot of money!  And, though I'm not super looking forward to having a surgery, I am looking forward to the day when I no longer need these and will donate my remaining supply to the local Food Bank, and then will save so much $$$ going forward!


Remember: Just like they say in the commercial - if your tampon leaks, go up a size. If it hurts to remove it, go down a size.  Same for pads - if it's soaked through or leaking, go up an absorbency level (and always get wings). If it's mostly dry or feels like wearing a diaper, then go down a level.  Remember that they are color-coded for your convenience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment